Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

New Years Day

Well things have must get worse before they get better I guess.

Amie and I were driving home to Atlanta through Louisville, KY when the hydrops in my eye ruptured.
It freaked me out when all of a sudden fluid started running down my face like a fountain.
It initially felt like something was in my eye and then the fluid started flowing.
The hydrops is the fluid that accumulates between the layers of the cornea.
Thankfully the inner layer had begun to heal and the fluid stopped after about an hour.
I called my doctor and got the resident on-call. He did not have much experience with this issue and called to get some advice.
He called e back and told me to get to Atlanta as soon as posssible. He said to call as soon as we reached town and he would meet us at the hospital.
So, the next morning we high-tailed it to Atlanta and met the doctor at 6PM on Sunday evening. He initially thought he was going to have to glue the hole in my eye shut, but the hole had miraculously healed itself. He did ask me to come back later that week. I was thankfull to find out things were not as bad as they could have been. So, we had a little scare. Poor Amie drove most of the 12 hours back from Michigan. Needless to say, I think we will be flying up there next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home